What data we collect
The personal data we collect from you includes:
• questions, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact The George Inn
• your email address and subscription preferences when you sign up to our email alerts
• how you use our emails – for example whether you open them and which links you click on
• your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and details of which version of web browser you used
• information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use The George Inn.
Google Analytics stores information about:
• the pages you visit on The George Inn
• how long you spend on each The George Inn page
• how you got to the site
• what you click on while you’re visiting the site
We do not collect or store your personal information through Google Analytics (for example your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Why we need your data
We collect information through Google Analytics to monitor how you use the site. We do this to help:
• make sure the site is meeting the needs of its users
• make improvements, for example improving site search
We also collect data in order to:
• gather feedback to improve our services, for example our email alerts
• respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
• send email alerts to users who request them
• provide you with information about local services if you want it
• monitor use of the site to identify security threats
The legal basis for processing personal data in relation to site security is our legitimate interests, and the legitimate interests of our users, in ensuring the security and integrity of The George Inn.
What we do with your data
The data we collect may be shared with other agencies and public bodies. It may also be shared with our technology suppliers, for example our hosting provider.
We will not:
• sell or rent your data to third parties
• share your data with third parties for marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as:
• it is needed for the purposes set out in this document
• the law requires us to
We will keep your email data until you unsubscribe. We will keep your feedback data for 2 years. We will delete access log data after 30 days.
Children’s privacy protection
Our services are not designed for, or intentionally targeted at, children 13 years of age or younger. We do not intentionally collect or maintain data about anyone under the age of 13.
Where your data is processed and stored
We design, build and run our systems to make sure that your data is as safe as possible at all stages, both while it’s processed and when it’s stored.
All personal data is stored in the European Economic Area (EEA). Google Analytics data may be transferred outside the EEA, but this cannot be used to personally identify you.
How we protect your data and keep it secure
We are committed to doing all that we can to keep your data secure. We have set up systems and processes to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your data – for example, we protect your data using varying levels of encryption.
We also make sure that any third parties that we deal with keep all personal data they process on our behalf secure.
You have the right to request:
• information about how your personal data is processed
• a copy of that personal data
• that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
• raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
• request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
• ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
Links to other websites
The George Inn contains links to other websites.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to The George Inn from another website
Changes to this policy
If these changes affect how your personal data is processed, we will take reasonable steps to let you know.
Contact us or make a complaint
Contact the us if you:
• have a question about anything in this privacy notice
• think that your personal data has been misused or mishandled